Monday, April 28, 2014

Transfer News and Hot Boiling Oil

Transfer News!!!!!!  President said 28 companion ships will be effected by this transfer!  So, in our zone, guess how many missionaries were effected?!     Only me. Talk about boring transfer news!  I was pretty stoked though.  I have now be assigned to serve in the Harbel branch as a zone leader over the Harbel and Kakata Elders.  Yeah.... I'm in the bush.  Its a really nice place out here!  We have HILLS!!!!  Never thought I'd be excited about a hill.... There not mountains, but at least I got something to look at that stands taller then the zinc houses, right?  Its such a different place out here.  I LOVE IT!  This is my first day here so I don't know how proselyting is.  Its a lot different though.  The house's are lined up on streets and all look the same.  A lot different then other areas.  Its mainly because its Firestone.  If you don't know what firestone is, it's pretty much the largest rubber plantation in the world.  Fun fact, I never knew....  I'll share it for those uneducated ones like me.  Rubber comes from rubber trees.. cool right? Never thought that that's where rubber would come from.  More about the transfer news... I'm companions with Elder Haas from South Africa.  We get along great so far.  Doesn't say much since its only been two hours, but I'm sure we'll have a great time together!  He was serving in the other Harbel area and got moved over, while Elder Skouson was in this one, and got moved to the other one.  So, in a way, both Harbel areas got white washed.  They helped each other know the area and people small for the last week.  We'll see how it goes.  Elder Bowring is now a ZL!  You probably knew that already.  So is Elder Erickson!  The transfer will be sweet.  Also about the area!  We are the only 4 missionaries for about 50 miles or so.  That's a distance for being out here.  I will only see these 3 faces every pday until the transfer comes.  Its really different out here! I love it though!

And out of curiousity... what is this white mesh bag suppose to be used for.  Let me specify.... what is its purpose?  I've put it to good use with things, but I don't think that's its designed purpose.  Please let me know.  Maybe Its suppose to be for something better then what I'm using it for.
Its crazy thinking about you planting the Garden already. To me, It feels like last email you were telling me how you were preparing it for winter.  Now, you're preparing it to plant again.  Crazy... when harvest time comes, I'll soon be coming.  Prep all that home grown corn for me yeah?!? (;  
I'm trying to remember what happened this last week, but my mind is going blank.  Everything interesting happened yesterday.  Since it was my last day in the branch, I bore my testimony in church.  Afterwards the young women came  up and were saying, "Elder Zaugg!  You almost teared up!"  I'll admit, a tear almost came.  I kept it collected though.  Its tough leaving a branch where you have sooo many close relationships with the members and investigators in the area.  Knowing you most likely won't see them ever again is rough.  I've been here 7 months seeing these people everyday and now none of them are in my life anymore.  It's tough.  That's the bad thing about staying in an area for long.  But, its also one of the funnest/most successful times I've had on my mission. We then went around and said good bye to our people.  Elder Kamara and I were passing by and a  guy  was holding onto one of Elder Kamara's pants, when D's daughter called us over and said, "S's son is at T.K.G.  He fell into the pot of oil."  No!.......  We went over to the clinic and went in and saw S and the boy.  D. was in there with some other people and they were fanning the little boy as he was laying down asleep.  I won't go into details, but it only burned from his neck down, and stopped around his waist.  It didn't burn his privates or his face so we are thankful for that.    How it happened was, the mom was asleep while the little boy was outside playing.  There was another woman cooking palm butter when the boy ran past the coal pot and got caught.  Nothing happened at this point, until his friend tried pulling him off.  That's when everything went wrong.  It was a sad sight to see.  He hasn't even made it to his 2nd birthday I believe.  Elder Kamara and I gave him a blessing.

Something cool about church, was yesterday was the first day I've had over 24 people come to church.  We had a total of 27 people attend church.  Talk about an insane amount of investigators.  Doe Community is flourishing right now!  That's one of the reason I'm sad for leaving.  Brother R's wife will be getting baptized in two weeks, and I won't be there to see it.....  Even my cute little Recent Convert, N. came up to me when she found out and said,"Who will baptize my mom now?"  Made me feel sad again thinking about all these people who are prepared but are waiting for a legal marriage.  Her and her husband are ready, but they are just waiting for money to have a legal marriage.  I will miss Doe Community.
Thank you for the emails and all good stories.  Love you all!  Have a great week.  I'm confused with the move, so if I forgot anyone's bdays or anything, forgive me....
Love you all!
Love Elder Zaugg

No comments:

Post a Comment